Monday, June 30, 2008

The Borden Twins

Everybody remembers Teensy and Weensy from I Love Lucy (episode "Tennessee Bound") -- played by The Borden Twins, alike as "two watermelons in a patch." These adorable gals parlayed that legendary 15 minutes of fame into a lifelong career; Marilyn and Roz kept up an exhausting schedule of nightclubs, cruise ships and TV appearances right up until Roz' death at age 70 on January 23, 2003. The remarkable Marilyn Borden just keeps on going, still performing, giving lectures, and contributing to AIDS awareness rallies.

This f-ing brilliant commercial for "Cock o' the Walk" canned fruit will enrich your life immeasurably.

4 comments:

  1. Wonderful
    But "Cock o the Walk fruit"?

    Is there really a need for *any* commercial?
    Just the name, and I'm ready to buy it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know I do remember "Cock o' the Walk" fruit, I think they made other canned stuff too. I was very young back then. I don't remember the commercial. Altough I do presonally know Marilyn and Rozilyn Borden. My Dad (who passed on 12/04/07) married Marilyn 3/12/67 or 68. I always thought of her as the evil, wicked step-mother. But she has always had a kind heart and will try to bend over backwards to help. Over the years as I got older and a little more wiser, with Marilyn's help. I realized that she wasn't the evil wicked stepmother. As far as "Cock o' the Walk" fruit. Well if I remembered correctly, my evil, wicked mother used to buy it and one time I got food poisoning from it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lone -- My goodness, one of the Borden Twins is your stepmother?! That makes you practically royalty in my book, kiddo, and I'm not kidding. Tell Marilyn she's still remembered and loved!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sad to say that Marilyn had passed on yesterday in Modesto,CA. She will be greatly missed. Ted

    ReplyDelete