Thursday, November 20, 2008

Have a Cow, Man



Over lunch yesterday...

FRIEND (admiring mink scarf): "I love your dead animal."

BLOGGER: "Thanks. I can't stand self-righteous anti-fur people who don't commit to it 100 percent. I mean, did the chicken that they had for dinner die of natural causes? And unless they're wearing plastic shoes, I don't wanna hear them complain about fur."

FRIEND: "What do you mean?"

BLOGGER: "You know, leather. Did the cow die of old age? Please."

FRIEND: "Gee, I never thought of leather being from a cow."

BLOGGER (incredulously): "Are you serious?"

FRIEND: "Yeah. I mean, I guess I always thought that leather was, I dunno, some kinda synthetic material or something."

BLOGGER (toying with a half-eaten hamburger): "Ummm...no."

FRIEND: "So, leather comes from cows?"

BLOGGER: "Yes."

(FRIEND digests this information silently for a moment.)

FRIEND: "What about patent leather?"

BLOGGER (Stares at FRIEND for two beats, then a la Bea Arthur): "From a patented cow, Rose!"

3 comments:

  1. Well, you know, he was probably confused from eating all them hamburger plants.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course you could have told him it depended upon whether the patent was pending.....but why confuse Rose further.....

    ReplyDelete