Monday, January 4, 2010

The Gal That Got Away.

For my final effort of an extraordinary and whirlwind day, there really is only one appropriate way to close.  Especially considering my firm conviction that all things always lead back to Judy Garland.

Although performed in 1961, the "Judy At Carnegie Hall" concert album ended 1962 as the eighth best selling album of the year.  I'm gonna hazard a real wild guess here, but, I suspect that if your reading this blog, you've heard this album.  If that is indeed the case, then I need say nothing more.  If, however, you've managed never to hear it, well then, WTF!

It's such a shame that it wasn't captured on film, but here is a very nicely done slide show clip of one of about a million big moments from the show:



This is not from the Carnegie Hall show, but I've always loved it and hadn't heard it in about 20 years:



So, while Judy toys with our affections by teasing a possible return (if only), I wish to thank TJB, with all my heart, this has been a complete blast. I will be back on the job at Felix In Hollywood tomorrow, if the red eye lands on time.

In the immortal words of a famous (sometimes) blond debutant,


Now go to sleep.  Oh, I forgot this city never sleeps.

3 comments: